You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Dot Digital. An integration between Retention.com and Dot Digital does three things:
Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Dot Digital into an address book (list) of your choosing.
Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Dot Digital account.
Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
What you'll need
1. Your API Endpoint, Email, and Password. To find your API Endpoint, click the Account Settings icon in the bottom left. Then, click Access.
2. Click API users > New User.
3. Create the user details by entering a Description, Password and Confirm Password. Then, click Save. (You can leave the email address that populates.)
4. Copy your API endpoint (blurred text shown here).
5. Next, create the list name (called address books in Dot Digital) you’d like to sync your contacts in Dot Digital with before finalizing the integration. You can do that by clicking Contacts > New address book.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Dot Digital icon.
2. Paste your API endpoint, Email, and Password, and click Connect.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST. Click YES to suppress contacts, then select daily contact suppression (recommended).
Daily contact suppression (recommended): This action will load all of your contacts from Dot Digital into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list. One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Dot Digital contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
When you're finished, click Next. 4. Then, click Yes to upload collected contacts.If you choose to sync your contacts, you will then need to choose a list (Dot Digital calls these address books) to sync them to. Pick a list from the drop-down menu. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state*, and referrer URL. *Please note that State data is only available on legacy plans that include address data.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts. Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL. Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate. State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states. Please note that State data is only available on legacy plans that include address data. Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you're finished, click Next. 5. Click Yes to enable Reclaim data sync. Click Next.
6. Enable the integration. Once you enable the integration, your settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
7. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, and more. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
From your Integration's Settings page, you can access, change, or update any of the following:
Your API key
Grow or Reclaim Activation
Grow Sync settings, including the list you're syncing contacts to
To edit any of these options, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.