You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Marketo.An integration between Retention.com and Marketo does three things:
Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Marketo into a list of your choosing.
Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Marketo account.
Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
What you'll need
1. Your Identity URL, Client ID, and Client Secret.We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts in Marketo with before finalizing the integration. You can do that by clicking Audience > My Lists +.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the navigation panel in Retention.com and then scroll down to click the Marketo icon.
2. Paste your Identity URL, Client ID, and Client Secret and click Connect.
3. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, suppression sync, the option to set/change the list it's synced to, and sync summary. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top. Click Finish Setup when you're done.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Sync Options. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven't already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu, and click Save.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
Set up suppression
Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.1. To set up suppression, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Suppression Sync.3. Click Yes next to Suppression Sync. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you're done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Set up Custom Sync Options
You can also set up customized sync options. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Sync Options.
Set up a custom sync option
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you're finished, be sure to click Save.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, and if there are any failures.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.